Pasta and baked potatoes is a classic and traditional first course, enriched by the unique flavor of baking, which gives it an “important” aspect, like Sunday lunch, and at the same time increases its already naturally delicious taste.
In this recipe is added provola cheese in pieces in order to obtain that binding effect which characterizes this type of preparation.
YIELD: Serves 5 to 6
- 1 chopped medium onion
- 1 chopped carrot
- 1 chopped celery stick
- a few sprigs of rosemary
- 1 lb potatoes cut in cubes
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 3 chopped tomatoes
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8 oz pasta mista, ziti or ditalini
- 8 oz Provola cheese
- 6 oz grated parmigiano Reggiano
- salt & pepper to tasteMETHOD:1. Saute the chopped onion, carrot and celery. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes until soft.2. Add the potatoes and rosemary.3. Pour in the vegetable stock and tomatoes and cook for around 15 minutes.Stir in between cooking to prevent the potatoes from sticking to the base of the pan.Season with salt and pepper to taste.4. Next add the pasta and cook according to the package directions. Add some water if needed.5. Add half the Provola and 3 oz parmigiano reggiano. Mix to combine.6. Transfer to a baking dish. Top with the rest of the provola and grated parmigiano reggiano cheese.7. Bake in a preheated oven at 392 F for 15 to 20 minutes until a light golden brown crust is formed on the surface.
Italian Pasta Recipes
PASTA WITH POTATOES AND PROVOLA CHEESE NEAPOLITAN-STYLEPosted on January 8, 2022
Facebook Comments Box