Creamy pumpkin risotto is a fragrant, flavorful and truly delicious first course. Typically autumnal, it will be great for any occasion.
Risotto Cremoso alla Zucca
Creamy Pumpkin Risotto
- 5 cups Vegetable Broth
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion diced, finely chopped
- 1 large Garlic Clove minced
- 1 cup Arborio Rice
- 1 cup Canned Pumpkin Puree
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg
- Black Pepper freshly ground
- 1 tbsp Fresh Sage chopped
- In a medium saucepan, bring the broth to a simmer and keep it there while you prepare the recipe.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium to high heat. Reduce the heat to low and sauté the onion until soft. Cook for 1 minute, or until the garlic is fragrant.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in the rice and 1 cup of the broth.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until the rice has absorbed most of the liquid.
- Continue stirring while adding 1 cup of broth at a time until the rice is tender (about 20 minutes).
- Combine the pumpkin, salt, and nutmeg in a mixing bowl.
- Season with pepper and continue to stir until the mixture is hot.
- Mix in the sage and serve!
Calories: 277kcalCarbohydrates: 38gProtein: 8.3gFat: 10.2gSodium: 1144mgSugar: 3.3g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!