Today very good and very easy recipe from the Neapolitan culinary tradition.
Artichokes drowned in a pan, an absolute goodness that can be prepared in a few minutes and in a very simple way, make them with me, they are a great main dish or side dish!
Carciofi Affogati alla Napoletana
Drowned Artichokes Neapolitan Style
- 3 Artichokes
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Black Olives
- 6 Capers
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon
- Parsley to taste
- Chili Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Clean the artichokes by removing the stem, the harder and darker outer leaves, remove the thorns (the top part), divide in half and from the inside remove the stubble, then cut into not very thin slices and put in water and lemon as you cut them.
- Now put the oil in the frying pan, capers, garlic cloves, olives and sauté for a couple of minutes, then add the artichokes, adjust the salt, put the chili pepper and cook for another couple of minutes
- At this point add the water, cover with a lid and over medium-low heat cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally
- When the cooking is finished, turn off the heat, add the parsley and serve on a plate!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!