Fagioli all’uccelletto are a typical recipe of Tuscan poor cuisine.
In the region they are also called Fagioli all’Uccelletta and are a very tasty, simple and quick dish to prepare at home.
A FAMOUS TUSCAN BEANS DISH
- 2 3/4 Cups Dried Cannellini Beans
- 1 Cup Peeled Tomatoes
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- Rosemary to taste
- Sage Leaves to taste
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Take dried cannellini beans, put them in a container with cold water and soak them for about 12 hours. If you will be using already steamed beans to prepare the recipe you can obviously avoid this step
- After the soaking time has passed, wash them well and drain them.
- Put the drained beans to cook in the water without adding salt; it is important to simmer the whole thing on a very low heat for about 2 hours, and before they are fully cooked add a little salt, after a minute drain them
- At this point sauté using extra virgin olive oil, whole garlic cloves in a pan possibly made of earthenware.
- When the garlic begins to brown add the chopped tomato and a few sage leaves
- When the sauce is thick, take the previously prepared beans and add them to the sauce, season with salt and pepper to your taste and let it cook for about 15 minutes
- There you have it, the recipe for fagioli all’uccelletto is ready to be served on the table; serve the beans while everything is still hot, accompanying the fagioli all’uccelletto with good bread
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!