When fig jam meets whole almonds, it’s really a case of saying that it’s a special day to enjoy a special tart.
If you have guests for dinner and want to surprise them with a dessert that is easy to prepare but of great effect, then you should not miss this fabulous tart with fig jam and almonds.
YIELD: Serves 5INGREDIENTS:
- 8.81 oz (250 grams) plain flour
- 4.5 oz (130 grams) cold butter
- 1 cup of fine sugar
- 20 ml milk
- 1 yolk
- pinch saltFor The Filling:
- 1 cup of fig jam
- 1/3 cup of ground almonds
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- dried or fresh fig slices for decoration as neededDECORATION:Almond haves and dried or fresh figs as neededMETHOD:1. Place the flour, sugar and salt in a medium bowl. Mix to combine. Add the butter cut into cubes. Mix the butter into the flour mixture so that it resembles bread crumbs.2. Add the yolk and the milk. Only mix with finger tips, otherwise too much kneading could alter the taste of the pastry. Mix to form a soft smooth ball. Refrigerate for 1 hour.3. Prepare The Filling: Slightly warm the fig jam along with the sugar and cinnamon powder.4. Add the ground almonds. Mix to combine. Set aside.5. Roll out the dough into 1/2 cm thickness with the help of a rolling pin.Place in a greased 9 inch pie tin, also attach the edges of the pastry to the cake pan.Remove the hanging pastry edges with the help of a sharp knife.You can cut them in thin strips and use them to decorate the crostata giving it a classy look.Prick the base of the pastry with the help of a fork.6. Pour the prepared filling into the crostata crust.7. Decorate with sliced figs and almond halves.8. Bake in a preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes AT 356 F. Let cool before slicing and serving.
Italian Cakes & Dessert Recipes Italian Christmas Cookies & Recipes
Old-Fashioned ITALIAN FIG & ALMONDS CROSTATAPosted on December 1, 2021
Facebook Comments Box