Eggplant fritters are amazing!
Soft and tasty, so made they are ready in minutes and are enjoyed by all.
They are made in a few simple steps and can be enjoyed as a tasty appetizer or as a side dish for most main courses of both meat and fish.
Frittelle Di Melanzane
My Personal Eggplant Fritters
For the Eggplant
- 1 large Eggplant
- 4 tbsp All Purpose Flour
- Oil for frying
- Salt and Pepper to taste
For the Puff Pastry
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 Egg Whites
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- Clean the eggplants with a damp cloth, cut them into fine rounds, season them with salt on both sides and let them drain for at least 30 minutes in a colander.
- Meanwhile, prepare the batter.
- Sift the flour and salt into a bowl, make a hole in the center and pour in the oil and eight tablespoons of warm water.
- Stir with a wooden spoon, gradually bringing the flour toward the center of the bowl, then beat until the dough becomes smooth (it should be a little thicker than crepe dough).
- Let stand for 30 minutes.
- When the eggplants are ready, rinse them to remove the salt, then drain and dry them well with the help of paper towels.
- Season the flour with some salt and pepper and sprinkle over the eggplant.
- Heat the oil.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and incorporate them into the dough.
- Soak the eggplant in this paste and then shake it to remove the excess paste.
- When the oil is hot enough, put in the eggplant a little at a time and fry for two minutes and thirty seconds on each side until the fritters are golden brown and crispy.
- Drain them on paper towels, season them with salt and pepper on both sides and arrange them on a serving plate.
- Proceed in the same way for all the pancakes.
- Serve them piping hot.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!