Artichoke and Parmesan cream risotto is a refined and tasty first course!
YIELD: Serves 2
- 3/4 cup of Arborio rice
- 3 small globe artichokes washed, trimmed and sliced
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 whole garlic peeled & smashed
- 1/2 sliced onion
- 3 cups hot chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- salt and black pepper powder to tasteMETHOD:1. Soak the sliced artichokes in water along with the juice of half a lemon. Set aside. Pour 2 tbsp of olive oil in a medium sized pan. Turn on the heat, add a whole smashed garlic into the pan and cook for a few minutes until the raw smell goes away. Remove the garlic from the pan and discard.2. In the same pan add the sliced onions.Cook the onions until soft.3. Add the sliced artichokes along with the water in which they are soaked into the pan. Cook until the artichokes are tender. Reserve some artichoke hearts for the garnish. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.4. Blend the artichokes using a hand blender until creamy.5. Take 1 tbsp of oil in another pan. Add the rice, toast for a few minutes.6. Add in ladles of the stock gradually and cook until the stock is reduced and rice is cooked.7. Remove from heat. Add the artichoke cream, grated parmigiano and the butter. Mix to combine. Garnish with cooked artichoke hearts and serve hot.
Facebook Comments Box