Pizza Parigina it’s a typical Neapolitan rustic pizza consisting of pizza base stuffed with tomato, provola cheese, cooked ham and a covering of crispy puff pastry … in a word, delicious!!!
For the Pizza Dough:
- 250 grams of 00 flour (1½ cups)
- 150 ml. of water (2/3 cup)
- 12 ml. of extra virgin olive oil (3 tsp)
- 2 pinches of salt
- 3 grams of fresh yeast (0.71 tsp)
- 1 pinch of sugar
- 400 grams peeled tomatoes (14 oz)
- 75 grams sliced cooked ham (3 oz)
- 150 grams (5 oz) of cheese (caciocavallo, mozzarella or provola)
To make Cover;
- 120 grams (4 oz) of puff pasrtry
- 1 small egg yolk
- 1 cup of milk
Preparation of the pizza dough:
- In a bowl, pour the water at room temperature and dissolve the yeast with a fork.
- Pour the flour and sugar into another bowl and mix by hand.
- Gradually incorporate the yeast with the water.
- Knead by hand until the mixture takes on a consistency.
- Gradually pour in the oil. After incorporating half of the oil, add and stir in the salt. Add the rest of the oil.
- Knead again until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- Transfer to a work surface and work the dough for another 10 to 15 minutes.
- Form a ball and place in a large container.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise at a temperature of 77 to 82 F for about 3 hours.
Assembly and cooking:
Drain the peeled tomatoes and cut into strips. Mash them with a fork or chop them with a knife.
Take the dough and place on the plate with parchment paper and lightly oiled.
Stretch the dough with your fingers and cover with plastic film. Let stand about 20 min.
Remove the plastic film and spread the tomato over almost the entire surface.
Slice ham and cheese evenly.
Spread the puff pastry and form a rectangle large enough to cover the pizza.
Place the dough on the pizza, smooth the edges and prick with a fork.
In a bowl, combine the egg yolk and milk and brush the surface.
Preheat the oven to 390 F.
Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 min.
Cut into pieces with a knife.
Serve and enjoy!