In this Orecchietta with Rapini and Sausage recipe you can use sweet or hot Italian sausage.
Which every you prefer. Sometimes I like to use a sweet sausage with a little red pepper flakes sautéed in the rapini.
- 1 pound of orecchiette or penne pasta
- 1 pound of rapini, trimmed and chopped
- 1 pound of sweet Italian sausage
- 1 bunch of long green onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp of red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup of fresh grated Pecorino-Romano cheese (optional)
- Cut the sausage on diagonally into 1 inch pieces.
- Trim around a half inch off the bottom of the rapini, wash thoroughly and chop.
- In 5 quarts of salted boiling water blanch the rapini for 3 minutes. Remove the rapini and place in an ice bath.
- Cook the orecchietta in the same water until al dente. Around 8 minutes.
- In a large skillet cook the sausage until they are brown.
- Remove the sausage from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the olive oil to the pan and saute the onions, garlic and red pepper for 2 minutes.
- Add the rapini and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add the sausage for 5 more minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper
- In a large serving bowl mix together the orecchietta and sausage.
Serve with the Pecorino-Romano cheese (optional).
Italian Pasta Recipes
How to Make ORECCHIETTE WITH SAUSAGE & RAPINIPosted on April 29, 2022
Facebook Comments Box