This is a rich and tasty seafood dish that will win over even the most demanding palates.
The secret of its success lies in the choice of crustaceans, which must be of the highest quality and freshest, and in the realization of a fragrant fish stew with which to enrich the sauce.
The final result is a fragrant and creamy sauce, without the addition of cream.
A simple preparation within everyone’s reach, as long as you follow the directions carefully, perfect for a lunch or dinner with fish, where you want to impress your guests. Here is the recipe step by step.
Prep. Time: 90 minutes
- 11 oz of pasta (Paccheri it’s wonderful but you can use spaghetti or linguine)
- 2 cups of tomato puree
- 1 sprig of parsley
- 1 fresh chilli pepper
- 9 cups of water
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- pepper to taste
- 17 oz of prawns
- 21 oz of shrimp scampi
- 1 shallot
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 lemon
- salt to taste
- Shell the shrimp and remove the head and the dark filament of the intestines.
- Set aside the scraps that you will need for the stew.
- In a saucepan, prepare a base with oil, parsley, shallot, garlic and a pinch of chilli pepper, then put on the heat 2 and sauté gently.
- Add the shells of the crustaceans and sauté for a few minutes.
- Cover with water and let simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Sauté the remaining garlic in a pan with a drizzle of oil, the chili pepper and the parsley; pour in the tomato puree, stir 5 and cook for a few minutes.
- Once ready, strain the stew with the help of a strainer.
- Add the prawns in the tomato puree, wet with the filtered fumet and cook for a few minutes; blend everything with an immersion blender.
- Add the shrimp scampi to the sauce and cook for a few minutes.
- Boil the pasta in boiling salted water; drain when al dente, pour into the pan with the sauce and cook, adding more fumet if necessary.
- When the cooking juices are dry, distribute the pasta among the individual plates and finish with a pinch of chopped parsley and grated lemon zest.
- Bring to the table and serve.
For this recipe you can use any short pasta format you prefer; the final result will be just as exceptional with a good spaghetti.
For a particularly creamy result, make sure that the sauce is always very moist, often adding some fumetto or water (hot) to prevent it from drying out too much; drain the pasta very al dente, when there are at least 5 minutes to the end of cooking: in this way it will release its starch into the sauce, making it even softer.
It is not necessary to use fresh cream, but if you wish to obtain a more rounded and delicate flavor, you can add a drop.
How to Make Pasta with Shrimp Scampi CreamPosted on February 22, 2022
Facebook Comments Box