Ricotta and Chocolate Cake is one of the best chocolate desserts!
Light and creamy, it is perfect for any occasion, from breakfast to after dinner you will surely make a big impression.
It is prepared using a few ingredients, easy to find and easy to work, such as ricotta cheese, dark chocolate, etc..
We can customize the Ricotta and Chocolate Cake in a thousand different ways: adding a drop of liqueur to the mixture, or maybe some extra flavorings.
Ricotta and Chocolate Cake must be kept in the fridge.
Let’s see the Recipe!
[mv_create key=”5″ thumbnail=”https://eatalianrecipes.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/chocolate-ricotta-main-image-2.jpg” title=”RICOTTA & CHOCOLATE CAKE” type=”recipe”]
YIELD: Serves 8
- 1.5 cups of Ricotta cheese
- ¾ cup of dark chocolate unsweetened
- 1 cup of fine sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1.5 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp dark cocoa powder
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp warm milk
- icing sugar for sprinklingMETHOD:1. Beat the eggs with sugar until thick and creamy.
2. Add in the ricotta and beat again to combine.
3. To melt the chocolate, put it in a heat proof bowl and then place the bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir a few times to let it melt uniformly. Remove from heat and let cool.
4. Sift the flour along with the salt, baking powder and the dark cocoa powder. Fold it into the egg, sugar mixture.
5. Add the melted chocolate and the vanilla extract. Add the warm milk after mixing the previous 2 ingredients properly.
6. Pour the batter in a lined 8 inch cake tin.
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 F for 30 to 40 minutes.You can also test if it’s done by inserting a skewer into the cake.If it comes out clean, it means the cake is ready. Sprinkle with icing sugar before serving.