Tonnata sauce is undoubtedly a classic of the Italian culinary tradition that will never go out of fashion!
Its unique flavor makes it perfect to accompany countless dishes, from meat to fish, vegetables, croutons, sandwiches, sandwiches, cakes and much more!
Its preparation requires very little time, not to mention the simplicity in cooking it!
- 240 grams (8.46 oz) of tuna in oil
- 4 anchovy fillets in oil
- 1 tablespoon of pickled capers
- 1 whole egg
- 180 ml of olive oil
- a tablespoon of lemon juice
- salt to taste
1. Mayonnaise should be made with egg yolk only, but if you make it with a blender, it is better to use egg white as well to make it more stable.
2. Put the whole egg in a blender with a little salt, add a little oil, run the blender and pour in the remaining oil “flush” so as to obtain a compact mayonnaise, it will take less than a minute, then add the lemon juice. If you prefer not to make the mayonnaise at home, you can replace it with 200 g of ready-made mayonnaise.
3. Add to the mayonnaise the well drained tuna, the capers without the vinegar, the anchovy fillets and blend everything until you obtain a homogeneous sauce.
4. You can enjoy the tuna sauce on bread, with tomatoes, boiled eggs or vegetables to taste. If you are using it to make vitello tonnato, make it more fluid with a little of the meat stock.