This delicious cake will wow your guests.
Follow my step by step recipe and let me know how you like it!!!
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup icing sugar mixture, plus 1/3 cup, extra
- 1 lemon, rind nely grated, juiced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Greek-style yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- 2 tablespoons polenta
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups full-fat ricotta
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Fresh blueberries, to serve (optional)
- Fresh mint leaves, to serve (optional)
- Lemon zest, to serve
- Preheat oven to 338/302 F fan forced. Grease a round 6 inch cake pan and line the base and side with baking paper.
- Use a balloon whisk to whisk the eggs, icing sugar, lemon rind and vanilla in a bowl until combined and thickened slightly. Whisk in the yogurt.
Use a large metal spoon to fold in the almond meal, polenta and baking powder until well combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared cake pan and smooth the surface.
- Use a long serrated knife to slice the cake in half horizontally.
- Use electric beaters to beat the ricotta, extra icing sugar, milk and 2 teaspoons lemon juice in a bowl until smooth.
- Use a spatula to spread half the ricotta mixture evenly over the cut side of the cake base.
- Top with the remaining cake layer, cut side down.
- Spread the remaining ricotta mixture over the top of the cake. Sprinkle with blueberries, mint and lemon zest.