LINGUINE AGLI SCAMPI is a rather quick dish to prepare, very tasty, flavorful and ideal to bring to the table in both cold and warm months; in short, a great impression with this first course is always assured!!!
It is advisable to use fresh fish for the preparation as the latter will give even more flavor to your dish.
The proposed recipe has been prepared with fresh cherry tomatoes, instead of tomato puree, to leave the flavor of the scampi as unaltered as possible.
Linguine with Shrimp Scampi
A Traditional Italian Seafood Dish
- 12 oz Linguine Pasta
- 24 Fresh Scampi
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 White Onion
- 20 Cherry Tomatoes
- 8 tbsp White Wine
- 1 sprig Parsley
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil to taste
- Salt to taste
- Fresh Chili Pepper to taste
- Put a drizzle of oil in a frying pan and place it on the stove, and at the same time also place the pot where you are going to cook the linguine with scampi on the stove with plenty of salted water.
- Chop both the onion and garlic and the cherry tomatoes and sauté them in the pan with the oil until the onion is browned.
- When the onion is perfectly browned, place the white wine in the pan, taking care to let the oil cool a little first to prevent the wine from evaporating immediately by splashing out of the pan.
- Meanwhile, shell a dozen scampi by cutting the shell on the two sides and extracting the flesh; cut the shell at the bottom of the remaining twelve whole scampi.
- Place the whole scampi in the pan with the wine, oil, cherry tomatoes and garlic, taking care to place them (in the pan) with the bottom side facing down so that the wine and cooking oil can penetrate well inside the shell and cook the flesh; then cover the pan with a lid and cook for 5 minutes on low heat.
- After the 5 minutes have elapsed, add the previously shelled shrimp tails to the pan and cook for about 5 minutes more.
- In the meantime that will finish browning the scampi, cook the pasta, leaving it al dente, then drain and pour it into the pan.
- Sauté again for a couple of minutes, adding the parsley and fresh chili; at this point, your linguine with scampi is ready to be served at the table.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!