One of the most famous American recipes, with a distant Italian spirit.
Is comfort food at it’s best.
Once you’ve tried this recipe you’ll never go back to regular mac and cheese. It’s a great dish that’s perfect for every occasion.
Serves 4 to 6 people
- 1 pound of elbow macaroni
- 2 Tbls of butter
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbls of all purpose flour
- 2 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp of fresh grated nutmeg
- 1/2 cup of fresh mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup of fontina, shredded
- 1/4 cup of provolone cheese, shredded
- 1 package of sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup of fresh parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
- Pre heat the oven to 450 degrees
- In a 6 quarts of boiling salted water, cook the pasta to almost al dente, About 5 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and place into a large bowl.
- Meanwhile in a large saucepan melt the butter and sauté the garlic for 1 minute.
- Stir in the flour.
- Slowly stir in the cream until it begins to thicken.
- Stir in the nutmeg and mozzarella.
- Add the fontina, provolone and sun dried tomatoes.
- Mix the cheese mixture with the macaroni, season with salt and pepper and place in a large buttered casserole dish.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture on top of the macaroni and bake for 10 minutes until golden.
Facebook Comments Box