Why You Should Make Meatball Lasagna Today!
If you’re looking for a comforting and delicious meal to satisfy your cravings, look no further than hearty and delicious meatball lasagna. This crowd-pleaser dinner recipe is a classic Italian dish that combines the richness of beef meatballs, the creaminess of cheese, and the tanginess of tomato sauce in one delicious casserole. In this blog post, we’ll discuss the key ingredients, step-by-step instructions, and helpful tips for making this mouthwatering dish at home.
For extra flavor, add some chopped fresh herbs such as basil, oregano, or parsley to the tomato sauce.
You can use a combination of beef and pork for the meatballs.
Make sure to drain the excess fat from the meatballs before adding them to the lasagna.
To save time, you can use store-bought tomato sauce instead of making it from scratch.
In conclusion, meatball lasagna is a hearty and delicious dish that will satisfy your hunger and taste buds. With a few simple ingredients and easy-to-follow instructions, you can make this crowd-pleaser dinner recipe at home and impress your family and friends. So why not give it a try and enjoy the comfort of a warm and comforting meal today!
Grandma's Meatball Lasagna
- 500 grams Lasagna Pasta
- 3 cups Minced Meat
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese
- Grated Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese to taste
- 3 Eggs
- 1/4 cups Grated Parmigiano Cheese
- 5 tbsp Breadcrumbs
- 1 3/4 Seed Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 4 cups Tomato Sauce
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil to taste
- 1 quarter Celery Stalk
- 1/2 Carrot
- 1/2 Onion
- To prepare this fantastic lasagna, you need to start with the sauce.
- Finely chop celery, carrot, and onion.
- Brown extra virgin olive oil, add in chopped vegetables, then add the tomato sauce.
- Simmer for at least 1 1/2 hours and remember that it should not be too thick.
- While waiting for the tomato sauce to cook slowly, prepare the meatballs.
- Mix inside a bowl the ground meat, eggs, salt, pepper, cheese and breadcrumbs for about 5 minutes until all the ingredients are well blended.
- Arm yourself with patience and make the patties. With this amount of mixture you will be able to make about 130 mini meatballs.
- Fry them in hot seed oil.
- Penultimate step: cut mozzarella or fiordilatte cheese into matchsticks or cubes, make the béchamel (2 cups milk, 2tbsp butter and 1/3 cup of all purpose flour) and grate the cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Tomato base, then lasagna layer, followed by béchamel sauce plus tomato, meatballs, a sprinkling of grated cheese, mozzarella and continue in this way making 5 more layers.
- Last layer, just meatballs, tomato and grated cheese.
- Bake the lasagna for about 30 minutes.
Lasagna is a hearty and savory dish that pairs well with a variety of desserts. Here are some delicious dessert options to consider:
Tiramisu – This classic Italian dessert is made with layers of ladyfingers dipped in coffee and soft cheese, making it a perfect complement to lasagna. Try our Tiramisu recipe here!
Cannoli – Another classic Italian dessert, cannoli are pastry shells filled with a sweet ricotta cheese mixture. The crunchy pastry shell and creamy filling make for a delightful contrast to the richness of lasagna. See a step-by-step recipes for cannoli making here!
Gelato – If you’re looking for a lighter dessert option, gelato is a great choice. This Italian frozen treat is made with milk, sugar, and various flavors such as chocolate, vanilla, or fruit. It’s a refreshing way to end a hearty meal.
Chocolate cake – For a more indulgent dessert option, chocolate cake is a classic choice. The richness and sweetness of the cake are a perfect match for the savory flavors of lasagna. Try our recipe for Ricotta & Chocolate Cake here!
Fruit tart – If you’re looking for a fresher and lighter dessert, a fruit tart is a great option. The combination of sweet fruit and buttery crust makes for a delicious contrast to the rich flavors of lasagna.