The original recipe of Ragù alla Bolognese was deposited in 1982.
It calls for the use of pancetta, which I do not use.
If you want to follow the original recipe these are the ingredients:
- 300 gr. beef cartella (thin skirt)
- 150 gr. pancetta, dried
- 50 gr. carrot
- 50 gr. celery stalk
- 50 gr. onion
- 5 spoons tomato sauce or 20 gr. triple tomato extract
- 1 cup whole milk
- Half cup white or red wine, dry and not frizzante
- Salt and pepper, to taste.
MY RAGU’ BOLOGNESE RECIPE
- 500 gr. (17.63 oz) of bovine minced meat
- 300 gr (11 oz) of pork minced meat
- ½ glass of milk (3 oz) (optional)
- 1 glass of white wine (6 oz)
- 300 gr (11 oz) of tomato sauce
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- extra virgin olive oil
- Finely chop celery, carrot and onion.
- In a pot pour some oil and fry the celery, carrot and onion for ten minutes.
- Pour the minced meat (both of them) in the pot and let it brown for about ten minutes.
- Add the white wine and make it reduce, then add the tomato sauce.
- Cook for about 3 hours in low heat, adding water occasionally to avoid drying too much the sauce, so that it softens.
- Finally, pour the milk and mix again for a couple of minutes and your ragu will be ready.