Minestrone soup is an Italian classic!
This version is made with celery, chicken stock, pancetta, potato, zucchini, carrots, and Parmigiano Reggiano cheese. It is a thick soup and super healthy. Perfect to warm up in the winter!
Healthy and Hearty Italian Soup!
- 3 oz Pancetta Chopped
- 1 Yellow Onion Sliced
- 1 Shallot Finely Chopped
- 2 Tbls Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbls Butter
- 2 Celery Stalks Cut into Chunks
- 2 Zuccini Diced
- 3 cups White Potatoes Diced
- 6 Fresh Basil Leaves Shredded
- 1/4 cup Flat Leaf Italian Parsley
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 5 cups Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 cup Fresh Grated Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese
- In a large pot, sautee the pancetta, onions, shallot and garlic in the olive oil and butter until the pancetta is slightly crisp.
- Stir in the celery, carrots, zucchini, potatoes, basil and parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook covered for about 10 to 15 minute stirring on occasion.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Transfer soup to a bowl and top with Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!