Minestrone soup is an Italian classic!
This version is made with celery, chicken stock, pancetta, potato, zucchini, carrots, and Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.
Serves 6 to 8 people
- 3 oz of pancetta, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Tbls of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbls of butter
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 carrots, cut into chunks
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 3 cups of white potatoes, diced
- 6 fresh basil leaves, shredded
- 1/4 cup of fresh flat leaf Italian parsley
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of fresh ground black pepper
- 5 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup of fresh grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
In a large pot, saute the pancetta, onions, shallot and garlic in the olive oil and butter until the pancetta is slightly crisp.
Stir in the celery, carrots, zucchini, potatoes, basil and parsley.
Season with salt and pepper and cook covered for about 10 to 15 minute stirring on occasion.
Add the broth and bring to a boil.
Reduce the heat and simmer for about 30 to 40 minutes.
Transfer soup to a bowl and top with Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.
Italian Soups Italian Vegetables Recipes
How to Make OLD-FASHIONED ITALIAN MINESTRONE SOUPPosted on September 30, 2021
Facebook Comments Box