Escarole and beans soup is a very hot soup coming from Campania’s tradition, ideal for warming up during hot winter nights. It is prepared with beans, escarole, garlic, oil and aromas and it is very tasty, besides being rich in beneficial properties.
Nonna's Escarole and Bean Soup
- 4 to 5 Bunches Escarole
- 4 Cloves Garclic chopped
- Two 15 oz Cans Cannellini Beans drained
- 8 Cups Chicken Broth
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Parsley to garnish
- Wash the escarole well and chop.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan, sauté the garlic for a minute. Add the beans and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- In a large pot boil the water and add the escarole. Cook until tender about 5-8 minutes.
- Add the beans, garlic and olive oil mixture.
- Add the chicken broth and simmer for about 5-10 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add about another tablespoon of olive oil to the top and serve. Garnish with parsley.