Delicious loaves fresh from the Emilian tradition, ideal for a day of celebration or as an unusual snack.
- 2 lb (1 kg) pumpkin , cooked
- 1 cup (200 grams) of sugar
- ¼ cup butter (100 grams) , at room temperature
- 1 pinch salt
- ¾ oz (20 grams) fresh yeast
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) of sourdough (natural leaven)
- 2 ½ lb (1,200 kg) all-purpose flour
Mix – first of all – the flour, sugar and the two yeasts (fresh yeast and sourdough).
Now you can mix them with the other ingredients being very careful to incorporate butter and salt last.
Allow the mixture to rest for about 30 minutes.
Prepare the loaves and let rise for an additional 30 minutes, until the mixture doubles in volume.
Bake the loaves in a preheated oven at 180° C (350° F).
Check that the oven does not exceed this heat because the loaves must cook without burning the surface.
Let them cool before serving.
PANE DI ZUCCA (PUMPKIN BREAD)