An incredible mix of flavors in that the sweet, delicate potatoes reduced almost to a creamy consistency provide a nice contrast to the savoriness of the mussels.
What a great dish!
Try it at a dinner with friends, or at a casual family lunch, you will win everyone over at the first taste!
Pasta Patate and Cozze
Potato and Mussels Pasta
- 1 Cup Pasta Ditalini
- 1 pound Mussels
- 3 Medium Potatoes
- Parsley to taste
- 3 Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 clove Garlic
- Salt to taste
- Chili Pepper to taste
- 4 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp White Wine
- Clean the mussels well.
- In a large frying pan put 3-4 tablespoons of evo oil.
- Put a clove of garlic, some chopped parsley, a little hot pepper, heat the oil, put the mussels, cover with the lid and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- After 3-4 minutes, remove the lid, deglaze with white wine, leave on a high flame and let it evaporate.
- Once all the mussels are open turn off the flame and remove the mussels from the shells, setting them aside on a plate.
- Now take a strainer and strain the liquid from the mussels, transferring it directly into a large saucepan.
- Turn on the flame under the saucepan and while the liquid comes to a boil peel the potatoes, cut them into small pieces, wash them under cold running water and put them to cook in the liquid from the mussels, adding a few small tomatoes cut small.
- Add more water, possibly already hot, and cook for 20 minutes.
- Stirring frequently the potatoes if cut already small will melt, otherwise mash them with a potato masher, then put in the pasta and cook.
- One minute before the pasta is done cooking, turn off the flame, stir then add the parsley and mussels, stir, let it rest for 2 minutes, then stir again, plate and eat this delicious pasta with mussels and potatoes right away.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!