Today I want to tell you about a very special preparation for a tasty one-pot meal that I am sure will make the whole family happy: artichoke and potato millefoglie.
Artichokes and Potatoes is one of the most popular combinations in Italian kitchens.
In this recipe we will see how to cook them together in an alternative way for a rich and easy-to-prepare dish.
Potato, Artichokes & Scamorza Cheese Millefoglie
- 3 medium Potatoes
- 3/4 cup Scamorza Cheese (you can use mozzarella or 1 cup of grated Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese)
- 10 oz Artichokes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil to taste
- Fresh Parsley to taste
- First, let’s cut the artichokes into thin wedges and also chop the potatoes finely.
- In plenty of salted water, we blanch the artichokes for a few minutes, then drain them.
- In an ovenproof dish, we begin to compose the millefoglie: we alternate layers of potatoes with layers of artichokes, adding to each layer the slices of scamorza cheese, a pinch of salt and pepper, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and the parsley.
- We finish the millefoflie by covering it with a generous layer of scamorza cheese.
- We bake at 350 F for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- We can now serve the potato and artichoke millefoglie either warm or hot. Enjoy!!