Parmigiana di Patate is an easy and delicious recipe, perfect as an appetizer or second course.
I took inspiration from the classic parmigiana, but replacing the eggplant with potatoes.
Yield: Serves 5INGREDIENTS:
- 2 lb potatoes
- 6 oz provolone or shredded mozzarella
- 8 oz grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
- 3 to 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- rosemary leaves as needed
- salt to tasteMETHOD:1. Wash and peel the potatoes. Cut into thin slices, you can use a mandoline for this purpose.2. Drizzle with olive oil. Mix properly3. Spread a thin layer of olive oil on the base of a baking dish.4. Spread a layer of sliced potatoes.5. Add a few sprigs of rosemary.6. Add a layer of provolone or mozzarella7. Follow with a thin layer of grated parmigiano reggiano cheese.8. Repeat layering until all the potatoes are finished. Finally top with a layer of parmigiano reggiano cheese and provolone or mozzarella and a few sprigs of rosemary. Add a drizzle of olive oil.9.Cover the top of the dish with foil paper. Make sugar to cover the sides.10. Bake in a preheated oven at 356 F for 25 minutes then remove the foil and bake for another 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown on top.
Facebook Comments Box