Hello everyone, my dear friends.
It’s Sunday here in Rome today, and it’s beautifully sunny.
Yesterday I went to my local butcher and bought some slices of ham.
Today I decided to make ham chops.
The recipe is very simple.
Prosciutto Braciole Rolls
My Personal Italian Sunday Dish
- 4 slices Ham
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 3 cups Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 Onion
- Parsley to taste
- Salt to taste
- Pecorino Romano Cheese to taste
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil to taste
Making the Prosciutto Rolls
- On a cutting board place one slice of ham at a time.
- Place a pinch of salt, some parsley, the garlic clove, grated cheese and a drizzle of oil.
- Now roll up the slice and close it with toothpicks.
- In a large frying pan, pour in the olive oil.
- Add half a finely chopped onion and let it sauté until golden brown.
- Now add the chops and let them cook for a few minutes over a low flame.
- Add half a cup of wine and raise the flame again until it evaporates.
Making the Sauce
- Add the tomato sauce and salt, stir and let it cook on a low flame for about an hour and a half.
I usually prepare the pasta (rigatoni) with a sprinkling of grated Pecorino Romano cheese. For the evening meal, on the other hand, chops are eaten. Let me know!!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!