Soft ricotta cookies are perfect breakfast treats for young and old alike.
Scented and very light, without butter or oil, perfect to dip in milk.
Real gems of goodness, with its delicate flavor will conquer all.
Yield: Makes 12 to 15
1 cup of ricotta cheese strained
5/8 cup of sugar
1 tsp lemon zest
1½ cups of all purpose flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
icing sugar as needed
1. Combine the flour and baking powder. Set aside
2. Take the ricotta in a medium sized bowl .Add the sugar and lemon zest. Mix well.
3. Add the egg and mix to combine.
4. Using a sieve add the flour into the ricotta, sugar and egg mixture.
5. Place a portion of the mixture on the palm of your hands. Shape it into a ball. Repeat the process until all of the mixture has been used.
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 356 F until light golden brown in colour. Once cool, dust with icing sugar and serve.