Soft ricotta cookies from Italy are perfect breakfast treats for young and old alike.
Scented and very light, these cookies are made without butter or oil. They are particularly perfect to dip in milk.
The cookies have a delicate flavor with the lemony zest balanced against the sugary goodness. They are real gems of deliciousness that will conquer all.
And you can add pumpkin in this spectacular variation on this recipe!
Soft Cookies for your Italian Breakfast
- 1 Cup Ricotta Cheese Strained
- 5/8 Cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Large Egg
- Icing Sugar As Needed
- Combine the flour and baking powder. Set aside
- Take the ricotta in a medium sized bowl .Add the sugar and lemon zest. Mix well.
- Add the egg and mix to combine.
- Using a sieve add the flour into the ricotta, sugar and egg mixture.
- Place a portion of the mixture on the palm of your hands. Shape it into a ball. Repeat the process until all of the mixture has been used.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 356 F until light golden brown in colour. Once cool, dust with icing sugar and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
2 thoughts on “Ricotta Cookies: Soft Cookies for your Italian Breakfast”
Egg is not listed in ingredients. How many?
Apologies, my friend. 1 Large egg