Making Spaghetti Aglio
Spaghetti Aglio, also known as spaghetti with garlic and oil, is a classic Italian dish that is simple yet satisfying. This quick and easy pasta recipe is perfect for busy weeknights when you want to make a delicious meal in a hurry. With just a few basic ingredients, including garlic, olive oil, and spaghetti, you can create a flavorful and satisfying meal that is sure to please the whole family. In this blog post, we’ll go over the ingredients, step-by-step instructions, and tips for making spaghetti aglio at home, so you can enjoy this classic Italian dish anytime you want.
Here are some tips to help you make the perfect spaghetti aglio:
- Use high-quality ingredients: Because spaghetti aglio is such a simple dish, it’s important to use high-quality ingredients. Use fresh garlic, good-quality olive oil, and high-quality spaghetti.
- Cook the spaghetti al dente: Be sure to cook the spaghetti until it is al dente, which means it should still have a bit of bite to it. Overcooked pasta can ruin the texture of the dish.
- Toast the garlic: Before adding the garlic to the oil, toast it in a dry pan over low heat until it is golden brown. This will bring out the flavor of the garlic and give the dish a nutty taste.
- Don’t burn the garlic: Be sure to watch the garlic carefully as it cooks in the oil. Garlic can quickly burn and become bitter, so remove it from the heat as soon as it starts to turn golden brown.
- Reserve some pasta water: Before draining the pasta, reserve a cup of the cooking water. This starchy water can be used to thicken the sauce and help it cling to the pasta.
- Finish with fresh herbs and cheese: Add some fresh parsley and grated Parmesan cheese to the finished dish to add flavor and texture.
By following these tips, you can create a delicious and authentic spaghetti aglio that is sure to impress.
SPAGHETTI AGLIO, OLIO & PEPERONCINO
- 12 oz Spaghetti Pasta
- 1 Large Clove Garlic
- 1 Fresh Chili Pepper
- Parsley to Taste
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil to Taste
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Peel and slice the garlic, and slicing the fresh chili pepper into rounds
- In a frying pan, add the extra virgin olive oil and the freshly chopped garlic and chili
- Fry everything well, 3-4 minutes should be enough, taking care not to burn them so that the oil is flavored
- Bring plenty of salted water to a boil and then cook the pasta, keeping it well al dente.
- Meanwhile, prepare chopped parsley.
- Drain the pasta (remember to keep aside at least a cup of cooking water) and transfer it to the pan containing the oil, garlic and chili pepper.
- Stir-fry the pasta: add some cooking water and start to stir-fry. The secret lies in this step; you have to create a creamy sauce that makes the pasta flavorful and well-bonded.
- Finish by serving your pasta with a sprinkling of garlic and parsley.
Other Dish Recommendations
Spaghetti aglio is a simple and flavorful dish that pairs well with a variety of other dishes. Here are a few suggestions for dishes that would make a great pairing with spaghetti aglio:
- Bruschetta – A classic Italian appetizer made with toasted bread, fresh tomatoes, garlic, and basil. The fresh flavors of bruschetta complement the rich and savory flavors of spaghetti aglio perfectly.
- Caprese salad – A refreshing salad made with fresh mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, and basil. The light and fresh flavors of caprese salad make a great contrast to the rich and savory spaghetti aglio. See step-by-step instructions here!
- Grilled vegetables – Grilled vegetables such as zucchini, eggplant, and bell peppers make a great side dish for spaghetti aglio. The charred flavor of the grilled vegetables pairs well with the garlic and olive oil in the pasta.
- Roasted chicken – A simple roasted chicken is a great main dish to pair with spaghetti aglio. The savory flavors of the chicken complement the flavors of the pasta perfectly.
- Italian sausage – Grilled or roasted Italian sausage is another great main dish option to pair with spaghetti aglio. The bold and spicy flavors of the sausage are a great match for the garlic and olive oil in the pasta. Try our sausage, peppers & onions recipe here!
These are just a few suggestions for dishes that would pair well with spaghetti aglio. With its simple yet flavorful ingredients, spaghetti aglio is a versatile dish that can be paired with a wide range of sides and mains.