Spaghetti alla Nerano is an exquisite pasta dish, typical of Campania cuisine!
It is Spaghetti with fried zucchini and provolone del Monaco, a local product that melts when being stir-fried, giving an incredible creaminess!
SPAGHETTI ALLA NERANO
SPAGHETTI WITH FRIED ZUCCHINI AND PROVOLONE CHEESE LIKE STANLEY TUCCI
- 14 oz Spaghetti Pasta
- 2 Medium Zucchini
- Basil Leaves to taste
- Provolone del Monaco or other type of Provolone cheese
- Peanut or Sunflower Seed Oil for frying zucchini
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil to taste
- Salt to taste
- Begin by cutting the zucchini into thin slices, preferably the same size so that the frying is even
- Fry the zucchini in plenty of peanut oil
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in plenty of salted water
- Drain the zucchini and lay them on paper towels
- In a frying pan put some extra virgin olive oil and add the basil and the zucchini you have fried
- Add a pinch of salt and some of the pasta cooking water
- Drain the pasta and put it in the pan with the zucchini and basil
- Now it is time to stir-fry the pasta
- Mix the pasta with the zucchini and basil and add the Provolone del Monaco cheese (if you cannot find it, you can use any type of mild Provolone)
- Add more basil and more pasta cooking water and continue stirring
- Plate and serve. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!