Spaghetti alla Gennaro, as well as many other dishes of our tradition present simple ingredients and a quick and undemanding procedure, but an inimitable and unmistakable taste.
This classic pasta dish is a favorite for many food lovers around the world, and for good reason. With its perfectly cooked al dente spaghetti noodles smothered in a rich sauce infused with garlic and spicy red pepper, this dish is sure to impress. Not only is it easy to make, but it also packs a punch of flavor that will leave your taste buds dancing. So, whether you’re hosting a dinner party or just looking to enjoy a comforting bowl of pasta, this Spaghetti alla Gennaro recipe is definitely one to add to your repertoire.
- 4 Fillets of Anchovies in oil
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 Slices of Stale Bread
- 4 cups Spaghetti Pasta (400 grams)
- Extra Virgin Olive oil to taste
- Oregano to taste
- Basil Leaves to taste
- Salt to taste
- Red Pepper (optional)
- Rub the bread slices with garlic and crumble them coarsely with your hands.
- Sauté the garlic, when it is golden brown remove it and throw in the bread.
- In the meantime, throw the pasta into salted boiling water and put a saucepan with the oil and chopped anchovies on the stove, add oregano and a pinch of chili pepper.
- Drain the pasta well al dente, toss it in the sauce and finish the dish with chopped basil and crusty bread.
- (Go ahead and lick your lips and make a scarpetta).