Timballo di pasta or Coppola di Garibaldi : is a Neapolitan dish, it is a fettuccine tart wrapped in a crust of cooked ham.
It is definitely a unique dish!!!
And it is delicious it is in fact one of my favorite dishes.
- 4 cups (400 grams) fettuccine pasta (preferably NOT egg fettuccine)
- 1 3/4 (250 grams) of peas (i used frozen peas)
- 1 1/2 (200 grams) of mushrooms (i used frozen mushrooms)
- 1 cup of provola cheese or other cheese
- 1 cup (250 grams) of cooked ham
- salt, pepper, butter and nutmeg to taste
- 2½ cups of béchamel sauce
Put a drizzle of oil and the onion in a frying pan sauté a few moments and add the peas and mushrooms to the pan, cook for 15 minutes.
Boil the water for the fettuccine and drain the pasta very al dente, put the fettuccine back in the pot and add the béchamel sauce, mushrooms with peas and stir.
(Save some of the cooking water if too dry add a stir of water to the pasta)
Cover the bundt pan with prosciutto (the “crust” of the fettuccine timbale)
Pour half of the pastry inside the tart pan, place the fior di latte pieces in the center, cover with the remaining pastry and close the prosciutto slices, thus creating the envelope for the fettuccine tart, add cheese and a few flakes of butter, bake at 390 F for 20 minutes.
Remove from the oven, let it cool and turn the timballo out using a serving dish.
Serve your Garibaldi’s Coppola (or Baked Pasta Timbale) and enjoy!
Italian Pasta Recipes
SUPER INCREDIBLE NEAPOLITAN BAKED TIMBALLO PASTA AKA COPPOLA DI GARIBALDIPosted on October 21, 2022
Facebook Comments Box