Any Frittata is delicious but this dish is exceptional.
I purposely went out and bought a cast iron frying pan just for frittatas.
I get on a kick every so often and I like trying different combinations of vegetables, meats, herbs and spices.
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 cup of ricotta
- 1cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup of fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of fresh ground black pepper
- 1 Tbls of fresh flat leaf Italian parsley, chopped
- 6 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp of fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1Tbls of butter
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced into circles
- 3 thick slices of pre-cooked smoked pork butt, cubed
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, ricotta, mozzarella, Parmesan, salt, pepper, parsley, basil and thyme and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a 10 inch oven proof non-stick skillet or a very seasoned cast iron skillet.
- Cook the zucchini slices until they are slightly browned. Around 6 to 7 minutes.
- Remove the zucchini from the pan and let cool.
- Add the onions, garlic and smoked butt to the pan and sauté until onions a translucent and slightly browned. Remove from the pan and let cool.
- Mix together the zucchini, onions and garlic with the egg mixture.
- Re-heat the pan and add a little more oil to the pan if needed.
- Add the egg mixture to the pan.
- Cook for about 5 to 6 minutes until the bottom begins to brown. Use a spatula to separate the egg from the pan and check the bottom.
- Place the pan under a broiler and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes more until the top is slightly browned.
- Remove from pan and cut into slices.
Italian Appetisers Recipes
This is the Most Delicious ZUCCHINI RICOTTA FRITTATAPosted on November 18, 2021
Facebook Comments Box