Ventagli are super easy to make, especially if you decide to use the ready-made puff pastry rolls that are easily found in all supermarket refrigerated counters.
It takes very few minutes to prepare Prussians, another name by which these yummy treats are known.
There are several variations of these treats; we made the recipe for puff pastry fans with brown sugar because we liked the idea of the end result being rather dark on the surface, almost a caramel.
However, if you do not have brown sugar you can also prepare this recipe using classic caster sugar. The result will be equally delicious fans with caster sugar.
- 1 Puff Pastry Roll
- Brown Sugar to taste
- cinnamon to taste
- water to taste
- Roll out the puff pastry and moisten with a little water
- Scatter plenty of brown sugar over the top
- If you like, add cinnamon as well
- Roll from both sides toward the center
- Cut an inch apart, creating your ventagli
- Bake at 390 F degrees for about 15 minutes, turning them over halfway through baking